Bagara Baingan Recipe | Fried Eggplant Recipe | Indian Food - Bagara Baingan (Eggplant) is another North Indian delicacy but also prepared in many other parts of India, cooking style and spices are different as per the region. The Baingan is deep-fried and then mixed with the thick gravy which is a combination of the Indian spices and garam masala.
Bagara Baigan goes very well with Fulkas(Rotis), Parathas or Rice. It is the primary course Indian cuisine and when the prepared well will force you to lick your fingers. Let's below see the main ingredients and step by step cooking instructions.
Bagara Baingan Ingredient:
- 6 To 7 Baingan (Egg Plant)
- Oil For Frying
- 1 To 2 Tsp Olive Oil For Cooking
- 1 Cup Pea Nuts
- 2 To 3 Tsp Sesame Seeds (Till)
- 3 Tsp Poppy Seeds (Khas-Khas)
- 1/2 Cup Dry Coconut Powder
- 1 Tea Spoon Mustard Seeds (Rai)
- 1 Tsp Fennel Seeds (Sounph)
- 1 Tsp Coriander Seeds
- 5 To 6 Curry Leaves (Kadi Patta)
- 1 To 2 Dry Red Chilli (Sukhi Lal Mirch)
- 1 Medium Size Stick Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 3/4 Tbsp Asafetida (Hing)
- 4 To 5 Green Chillies
- 1 Big Size Onion
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli (Lal Mirch)
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder (Dhaniya )
- 1 Tsp Cumin Powder (Jeera)
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 Cup Tamarind Juice (Imli Pani)
- Salt As Per Taste
- Fresh Coriander For Garnishing
Let's Prepare The Bagara Baingan
1. Wash properly 6 to 7 small size Baigan (Eggplant) and cut them vertically making two slits. Deep fry the Baigan or Brinjals till they become soft and keep aside.
2. In a flat bottom, pan takes 1-2 Tsp. of olive oil (or any cooking oil as per your preference). When oil becomes hot, add one cup of peanuts and sauté for 2 - 3 minutes. Add sesame seeds, poppy seeds dry coconut powder, mix them well and keep roasting them for another 3 - 4 minutes.
3. When properly done let the mixture cool at the room temperature, and grind it in a mixture to make a coarse paste and keep it aside.
4. In another utensil take 3 - 4 Tsp. of cooking oil, add mustard, coriander seeds & fennel seeds and let them crackle in the oil. Add a few curry leaves and sauté for few seconds. When Done Add dry red chili, cinnamon stick and a pinch of a hing - mix it well.
5. Add chopped green chilies and keep frying when done add finely chopped onions, fry it well till the onions become translucent or golden brown.
6. Add the peanut paste which we have already prepared and added into the utensil, add water and mix it well for few minutes.
7. Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and garam masala and mix them well. Add tamarind juice and let it cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
8. Add salt as per your taste buds and cook it for 5 to 10 minutes with a lid on, stir well occasionally.
9. Put fried baingan (eggplant), one by one in the curry and let it cook for another 8 to 10 minutes with the lid on. Don't forget to stir occasionally. You can adjust the curry as per your requirement by adding water.
10. Garnish with fresh coriander when done, serve hot and enjoy the bagara baingan.
Bagara Baingan Recipe Video:
Now check Step by Step Bagara Baingan Recipe with Images