Kadai Paneer is the most loving paneer cuisine in Indian restaurants or any reception. Kadai Paneer tastes good with naan, roti or paratha. Kadai Paneer and Jeera Rice is also a good combination.
Paneer is a South Asian food rich in protein. Panner is cooked in many varieties in the Indian subcontinent. Paneer is cooked with a mixture of Indian hot spices.
Let us check out the procedure to cook Delicious Kadai Paneer:
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin Seeds (Shahi Jeera)
- 1 Tablespoon Coriander Seeds (Dhaniya Dana)
- 5 to 6 Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Fennel Seeds (Souf)
- 5 to 6 Cardamom (Chhoti Elaychi)
- 4 to 5 Cloves (Laung)
- 2 Dry Red Chili (Khadi Lal Mirch)
- 1 Tablespoon Oil (any as per preference)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Large Onion (Pyaz)
- 3 to 4 Small Tomatoes (Lal Tamatar)
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger-Garlic Paste (Adrak-Lahsun Paste) -
- 2 to 3 Green Chili (Hari Mirch)
- 5 to 6 Baby Onions (Chhote Pyaz)
- 1/2 Cup Bell Pepper (Shimla Mirch)
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream (Optional)
- 200-gram Cottage Cheese (Paneer)
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi) -
- Salt to taste
- 1 Cup Water
Let's see the step by step procedure of Delicious Kadai Paneer Recipe:
Dry Masala Preparation
- Take a shallow bottom pan. Add one tablespoon of cumin seeds(Shahi Jeera), one tablespoon of coriander seeds, 5 to 6 black pepper, one tablespoon of fennel seeds, 5 to 6 green cardamom, 4 to 5 cloves, two dry red chilies.
- All the spices should be roasted into the low flame for 4 to 5 minutes. Deseed cardamom.
- Grind all roasted spices and keep it aside.
Preparation Of The Gravy
- Put a skillet pan on the stove. Add one tablespoon of oil(and as per preference) to let it become hot. Add one large roughly chopped onion. Sauté for 5 to 6 minutes until onion becomes golden brown.
- Add 3 to 4 small chopped tomatoes. Sauté for another 5 to 6 minutes. Add ground dry roasted ground masala. Mix well.
- All the ingredients should be made into a fine paste.
- Take a flat bottom pan. Add one tablespoon of butter. Add one teaspoon of olive oil. It will save butter from burning. Let it get hot.
- Add one tablespoon of ginger-garlic paste. Sauté for a minute. Add 2 to 3 green chilies cut in half, 5 to 6 baby onions cut in half. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add square-cut bell pepper. Sauté for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the ground paste. Mix well.
- Add 1 cup of water. Mix and let it cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup of heavy cream. You can skip if not required. Mix well. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add cottage cheese cut in cubes. Mix gently.
- Add salt to taste. Add one tablespoon of dried fenugreek leaves. Mix well.
- Delicious Kadai Paneer is ready to serve. Serve it with some hot naan, paratha or roti. Jeera rice and Kadai Paneer also go well together.
Video Recipe For The Kadai Paneer